Chehalis Generation Facility
The Chehalis Generation Facility is a natural gas-fired combined-cycle electric generation facility. The 30 acre project site is located south of Chehalis, Washington, east of Interstate 5 in the Chehalis Industrial Park in Lewis County.
In March 1997, Governor Locke approved the original Site Certification Agreement (license to construct and operate) of the Chehalis Generation Facility. The facility licensed at that time proposed a total generating capacity of 460 MW, with the capability to provide approximately 100,000 lb/hr of steam to a process host.
In March 2001, Governor Locke approved the first amendment to the Site Certification Agreement allowing an increase in generating capacity from 460 MW to 520 MW, a change to a dry cooling system and associated water supply and discharge modifications, and allowing the facility to operate as a "merchant plant". (Council Order No. 753 recommending approval)
Construction began in May 2001 with commercial operations starting in October 2003.
In September 2008, EFSEC (through Order No. 836 and Resolution No. 325 transferred the Site Certification Agreement (Amendment No. 2) to PacifiCorp. The sale of the Chehalis Generating Facility to PacifiCorp was completed on September 15, 2008. On September 22, 2008, EFSEC transferred the Site Certification Agreement to PacifiCorp.
Additional Council orders and resolutions associated with this project are listed on the Orders and Resolutions Page.
Certificate Holder: PacifiCorp|
1813 Bishop Road
Chehalis, WA 98532
|Facility: 520 MW natural gas fired combined cycle power plant|
Status: Commercial operation began October 1, 2003.
If you would like to be added to the project mailing list, please send an email to EFSEC@utc.wa.gov
|Document Title||Document Date|
|Transfer of ownership and notice of sale completion||09/15/2008|
Orders - Chehalis Generation Facility
Resolutions - Chehalis Generation Facility